Saturday, April 6, 2013

Peralvillo

Saludos! First apologees in advance because this will be a photoless entry...I am too scared to connect my iphone to this computer to upload pics and I have really no access to wifi. That's right, NO WIFI.

We have been here in Peravillo for almost a week already! I live with another host family up away from the city, basically moutainside. It´s beautiful but quite a hike to get home from the city center. I have 3 host sisters and a host brother who is learning English, so we´re practicing daily. Training continues all day during the week in the morning with Spanish classes in the afternoon. On Tuesday we will present a diagnostic of the community to the entire group and after that we will begin smaller projects here in the community working with children and young people.

The main industry here is cacao...and if you have heard of or used Lush cosmetics or Black and Green chocolate, the cacao probably came from right here in Peralvillo as they are the number one exporter of 100% organic cacao. On Friday we visited the Bloque, which is a coop of 66 orgranic cacao growers in the area. For the 5 weeks that we are here we are focusing on the indusry here and Ecotourism as business projects for PCVs.

Also super crazy that part of my fam is here on the island right now in Punta Cana but I unfortunately will not be able to see them as I´m not allowed to travel or have visitors during this time! gahhh well I hope you guys loved it because you have to come back to visitttttt!

Well I apologize for such a short post but I just wanted to confirm my existence and if you want to call me and get some juicier deets you can get my Dominican cell phone number from my sister or parents and call me super cheap from Skype!

Pics coming as soon as possible...
Besitosss!! Kaley

No comments:

Post a Comment