Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Life is a Vola


 

 
I live mas o menos on a mountain. The city of Peralvillo is kind of in a mountain basin of sorts (quite a beautiful one too, I might add), and since I live on the outskirts of the city I have to walk relatively straight uphill in order to get home. I’m going to have buns of steel, right? HA.

 

Instead, I have become very aware of how to carefully place myself in situations in order to find myself a bola. A vola, my friends, is a freeeeeeeee ride. You can get one from anyone- strangers, friends of friends, people’s sisters, parents etc. And I don’t mean in a car. These are motorcycle/scooter bolas. Consequently, I must carry my helmet with me everywhere BUT I am confident this skill of finding free rides home is going to come in handy in my next two years of service.

 

Sometimes, I just don’t have a vola and I walk. Last Tuesday it began to pour as I was walking. Luckily my brother found me and scooped me up for the last ten minutes of my walk!

 

As promised, I’m leaving you with some pics of life here in Peralvillo. Teaching the girls how to make friendship bracelets (in hopes that maybe one day they can make bracelets themselves and sell them to their friends…this is a tough concept with eight year olds).

 
 


A house that I see every day in training or Spanish class with great colors.

 
CHICKENS because for some bizarre reason I just can’t escape from these crazy animals in my life (shout out to the poultry industry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment