Monday, March 25, 2013

The Dirty South

As I mentioned before, I spent the weekend visiting Tyler and Erin (their dominican names are Rosy and Ralfie), two current volunteers living in Pedernales. The area west of Santo Domingo along the southern coast is what is referred to by PCVs as the dirty south. It's hot. And dry. And really hot. Like I step outside and immediately start sweating...which I am beginning to get used to. Good thing pitting out is totally acceptable here and happens to everyone.

The PVC visit is designed to let trainees have a little peak at what being a real live volunteer is like. I will say the weekend made me super excited to get started as a business volunteer but even more grateful to be in such a beautiful country as a pcv. I'll leave you with some pics from our mini tour along the southern coast which includes Pedernales, La Mercedita and ending at the cliff side house we stayed at Saturday night in San Rafael.

I admit I probably wouldn't be mad if they placed me in the south...





















No comments:

Post a Comment