Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July in the DR


I'm not gonna say too much about this weekend because the pics are going to speak a thousand words. 
This weekend started at 3:30am on Thursday to catch the bus to Santo Domingo in order to catch the 8am bus to Samana and then catch the last and final bus to Las Galeras which is where quite a few peace corps volunteers spent this glorious holiday of American pride. I had no idea how much I needed a little vacation until I got here and then decided to stay an extra night. There was a party, bonfire and this...
Then there was lots of beach. And rum. And some cerveza too. It's absolutely beautiful here...

In the back of a pickup truck on our way back to the house after a 2 hour hike to Rincon!
Andy's feelings about the hike. 
Yep. 

Tomorrow I'm headed back to my site and back to the grind. Hope you all had a fabulous Fourth of July! 

Besos, Kaley 

No comments:

Post a Comment