Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pavo Bravo

Stuff I'm thankful for in the DR:
Dembow and bachata
The beach
Motorcycles
Mosquito nets (saving my life one centipede/dengue/tarantula bite at a time)
Internet

Stuff I'm thankful for in the US:
Ehm, that's a joke right? We'd be here all night. But just for starters-
Electricity
Running water
Air conditioning
Reliable transportation 
Overall life conveiences 
My family. 

This is stuff maybe I wouldn't have said before, but there it is. In all reality I didn't actually think about any of this until I got back to site yesterday and had to take a cold bucket bath after staying in a 5 bedroom 6 bathroom ocean view apartment in Santo Domingo for the week...but it's the thought that counts right?

I hope all of you in the US of A (see you in 2 weeks) had a fabulous thanksgiving. Here a little peak at mine in case you didn't see the pics I posted on Facebook while sucking down rum punch from my lounge chair:

Tyler and Yvette going hard in our embassy family's kitchen to make 200 brownies for our fellow volunteers. 

Booze n brownies. 
Living room view...
Sam making stuffin'. 
Then we got to the party spot. 

Getting downnnn. 

A good time was had by all. 

Annnnnnd Merry Christmas from Lauren and I :)


Paz, kaley 

No comments:

Post a Comment