Saturday, September 28, 2013

700 something miles and a lot of sol

Well, we did it. My first set of visitors have come and gone. Lexie and Natalie just left for the airport from the Peace Corps office here in Santo Domingo.

Although it was somewhat difficult because I don't have a community or a project to call home right now, they got to see a ton of the country and met all of the people that are near and dear to me in this country. There was drinking of brugal (duh) mamajuana, plenty of arroz con juandules and lots and lots of fresh seafood. They learned Bachata and drove on the crazy calles of Santo Domingo...if that's not culture then I don't know what is. HA.

We started up in Puerto Plata at a nice all inclusive (VH Gran Ventana, I highly recommend)...





They got to meet fellow PCV John and we had a little malecon adventure





Next up was a little mini tour of the south- San Rafael, Los Patos









Then we headed down to the south to visit these lovely people in Pedernales







(Disclaimer: All of these photos are without filters)

Then we took off for Bahia de las Aguilas...which is hands down the most beautiful beach that I've seen thus far...












Ugly, huh? Then we packed up the car and moved back toward Barahona for 2 nights on the Bay of Neiba. There was motorcycle riding with my dominican friends and lots of plastic chair sitting. 



Yesterday we arrived back in Santo Domingo and today they left for the US of A. 


So what now? I'm in what we like to call limbo. I have no site or project soooo I will be traveling and visiting other volunteers to kill some time. 
On October 5th I will be headed up to Santiago to translate for a medical mission put on by ILAC for a week...more info here: 


Sigh. Hope you all are well! Besos, Kaley











No comments:

Post a Comment