Thursday, March 6, 2014

ONE YEAR OMGALKSDJASKDJALKJDAD

That's right. One year ago today I boarded a plane with 32 strangers to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. Or some super cliche shit like that.

No but seriously I can't believe it's been a year, maybe the fastest year of my life thus far?
I could have NEVER predicted what it would be like but it's definitely been one hell of a ride. So glad my Peace Corps family has my back, without them I wouldn't still be here. 517-13-01 we out here!!!

Well, in celebration of the anniversary I'll give you a photo memorial. But not before telling you the 25 things that make it official that I'm a year deep (sorry people at home, this is mainly for PCVs, pictures below):

1. My pinta...neon and obnoxious prints. flow.so.hard.
2. My nails are always painted and matching my toes (duh, gotta be bien combinada)
3. I walk around with an umbrella not for rain but for shade because I HATE THE SUN
4. I crave beans and rice (I wish this were false)
5. I scrunch my nose (non verbal communication for "what?")
6. My spanglish is at an all time high
7. My English is at an all time low ("I have hunger.." english is hard)
8. I don't do anything when it rains or between the hours of noon and 2.
9. I scream WEYYYYY out car windows and from the back of motorcycles to get people's attention
10. There is always music blasting from my phone or apartment
11. Other people standing near me when I'm sitting down makes me nervous (sietate, por dios)
12. I show up to meetings 30 minutes late just to suffer a bit less (since most will show up an hour late)
13. I answer my phone basically no matter what I'm doing because I don't have minutes to call that person back
14. I tirar back when I get piropo-ed
15. Lines? those are for Americans. That Doña will run you over!
16. I can't go more than 2 weeks without going to the beach (torture, I'm telling you)
17. Presidente beer still doesn't taste good
18. I forgot what it's like to go out like a normal person...can't we just dance Bachata?
19. Brug and Jug (Brugal rum and jugo) emborrachars me de una vez
20. I WALK REALLY SLOOOOWWW
21. I talk to the stranger next to me on the guagua
22. I speak in PC acronyms
23. I refer to diarrhea as "the princess"
24. I plan my day around the electricity schedule
25. I live to plan the next beach party. Holler!

 Day 1
First night in country..how do I put this thing up?
 Volunteer visit to Pedernales
 Training in Yamasa

Swear in Ceremony!
4th of July in Samana
Ridin' dirty in Barahona
 Calle 8 Montecristi
 Med Mission at ILAC in Santiago
Construye tus Sueños National Conference 2013
 "Eso es cacaaaooooo"
 Thanksgiving rooftop bash in Santo Domingo
 Presidente brindando in SD
O'toole's!
Chicago
 NYE in Cabarete

 Patronales in Nagua
Mini Vac at Playa Grande, Rio San Juan
Trip #2 to Montecristi to see this gem


T-minus 14 months to go! 


xoxo Kaley







No comments:

Post a Comment